VPN access is essential if you want to get full access from outside the Gdańsk Tech network to selected systems maintained by the IT Service Center.
Access to VPN is granted to employees and mainly applies to services such as Moja PG, Repozytorium and EZD. It is possible to grant access to other websites after justifying such a request. In the case of students, access is granted at the request of an employee (e.g. lecturer, project supervisor, etc.) who works with the student and supports the application.
Access for an employee
- Fill out the contact form available on this website (the form is available after logging in to the Central Authentication Service).
- You can request access for yourself or someone else.
- Justify the need for access.
- After sending the form, wait for the application to be processed.
- After completing your request, you can install and configure the software (e.g. OpenVPN) by following the instructions on our help page (check related articles)
Contact an employee of the University who will support your application.
Provide information about the need to submit an application using the contact form available on this website (the form is available after logging in to the Central Authentication Service)
After completing your request, you can install and configure the software (e.g. OpenVPN) by following the instructions on our help page.
OpenVPN client configuration (Windows) - screencast
If you are an employee and you want to use a VPN only to enter Moja PG, all you need to do is use SSL-VPN via your browser (log in with the same data as Moja PG), and then select Moja PG from the list of services available there.
To use OpenVPN, all of the following conditions must be met:
- granted access to use VPN
- Installed and configured OpenVPN application
- valid certificate in the configuration of the OpenVPN application
- OpenVPN application running and connection established
When configuring a VPN connection, a user certificate is used, the validity of which expires after 365 days and after that time a new certificate must be downloaded and converted for the VPN to work properly.
Below is a quick installation video - we suggest you start there. The instructional video is in Polish, but you can turn on English subtitles.
Necessary links mentioned in the manual (these are the same links as you will find later in this manual):