General settings for mail client
The settings for Gdańsk Tech mail client are shown in the table below. Please note that student mail server addresses are different than for employee mail.
Employee mail server
|Incoming mail server:||imap.pg.edu.pl||993||SSL/TLS||Normal password|
|Outgoing mail server*:||smtp.pg.edu.pl||465||TLS||Normal password|
*select one of the port settings
Student mail server
|Incoming mail server:||imap.stundet.pg.edu.pl||993||SSL/TLS||Normal password|
|Outgoing mail server:||smtp.student.pg.edu.pl||587||STARTTLS||Normal password|
Basic parameters of the service
- the default (standard) size of a mailbox for an employee is 4 GB,
- the default (standard) size of a mailbox for a student (including doctoral student) is 1 GB,
- the maximum size of a single e-mail (e-mail content with attachments), to be sent, is 20 MB. Remember that the size of each email consists of its content and attachments. So, the longer the content of the email, the smaller the maximum size of the attachment that can be sent with the message. If you want to upload a much larger attachment, use the Drive service as part of the Webmail application.
- The older Internet mail client Roundcube has a built-in limitation of the size of a single attachment to 14 MB. This limitation does not exist in other tools, e.g. in the Mozilla Thunderbird client or in the Webmail application.
- a single e-mail can be addressed to a maximum of 50 recipients.